Juno-60 battery replaced but draining too fast
Replaced NiCd battery with lithium cell
TL;DR? Scroll down to the "Fix" header at the bottom to see how I solved it.
So this is one of those things I regret not documenting. I actually did this back in 2011 but I was too lazy to document it and of course too lazy to write any post about it.
It's not really a complicated process so I'll just describe it with words.
You see the old battery in a previous post about the Juno-60 here from May 2011, though I didn't put a new battery in at that time.
In October 2011, I just took a small stripboard, placed a CR2450 holder on it and attached it to the inside of the Juno case using a screw. I decided to use CR2450 instead of the usual CR2032 due to the increased capacity. I used two wires to connect it to where the battery pins should be soldered.
This worked well and I was able to save sounds again. Yay!